Emergency Vet in Aiken, SC
Does your pet need emergency medical care? Call now for immediate assistance from our trained veterinary staff.
Aiken Animal Hospital provides comprehensive treatment services, hospitalization, and critical care for pet emergencies.
Aiken Animal Hospital's animal emergency center is equipped with the latest diagnostic equipment and technologies to help our veterinary experts assess your pet’s health.
If your pet requires a service that we cannot provide, we’ll refer you to an appropriate 24-hour urgent care center. Call our office now for help.
After Hours Emergency Care
Our doctors are available for our clients most evenings and weekends. They take calls from 6:00pm–8:00pm weeknights and from 8:00am–8:00pm on weekends. If you are a patient of record and have any problems during those hours, please call our Nurse Line at (803) 221-7371. If your pet needs to be seen after normal business hours, an emergency fee will apply.
If you cannot reach us and you need emergency care, we recommend you contact the following emergency pet hospitals in South Carolina.
|South Carolina Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Care|
|3924 Fernandina Rd
Columbia, SC 29210
|(803) 561-0015||Visit Website|
|Columbia Veterinary Emergency Trauma and Specialty|
|1321 Oakcrest Dr
Columbia, SC 29223
|(803) 995-8913||Visit Website|
What is considered a pet emergency?
In most cases, the following conditions are too risky to wait before seeking treatment:
- Injury from a traumatic accident or from an attack by another animal
- Prolonged diarrhea or vomiting that contains blood
- Collapse or loss of consciousness
- Difficulty breathing
- Swollen and or painful abdomen
- Foaming at the mouth
- Swallowing a foreign object
- Ingestion of a toxic object
- Difficulty urinating
Emergency Tests & Diagnostics
During your pet’s stay, we provide the highest-quality care and attention. All hospitalized patients are kept in a specialized treatment area where they are closely monitored.
Our vet team is skilled in offering surgical, diagnostic, and medical care and work with compassion and efficiency to ensure a positive outcome.
At our emergency veterinary clinic, we offer the latest diagnostics and testing for our urgent care patients, including:
- Blood analysis. A blood analysis can help us determine what is wrong with your dog or cat if they are experiencing an unknown illness or has ingested a toxic substance.
- Digital X-rays. X-rays help us determine what kind of internal injuries your pet might be experiencing after a fight or accident involving a car.
- Surgery. Sometimes pets need to be brought into surgery to repair internal injuries.
- Medication. Medicines may be necessary to help your pet recover from a medical emergency or illness. We keep a range of pet medicines on hand to ensure that your pet's needs are covered.
For more information on our emergency vet services or to book an appointment, please call our office.